SMARTSPACES – Saving Energy in Europe’s Public Buildings Using ICT
On 11 January 2012 the SMARTSPACES project was officially launched at Bristol’s Create Centre.
This project is co-funded by the European Commission within the CIP ICT Policy Support Programme and aims to improve energy monitoring of public buildings, develop and operate online services communicating the energy consumption of the building to all building users.
SMARTSPACES will support the professional building managers in optimizing the operation of the building’s energy systems and create an energy awareness. Project services will help to increase the energy efficiency of public building, change individual behavior towards more efficient energy use at work or in public buildings visited but also at home and thereby help to achieve considerable energy and energy cost savings.
The energy efficiency services will be implemented and operated in public buildings in eight countries (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, The Netherlands, Turkey and Serbia) and in 11 local authorities across Europe.
What Energy Cities is doing in SMART SPACES?
- spreads information about the main project developments and familiarises public authorities with the aims and objectives of SMARTSPACES;
- initiates regular information exchange and collaboration;
- contributes to the organisation of a one day workshop to be organised in 2013;
- disseminate information about the progress and achievements of the project;
- brings in its competence as European association of local authorities committed to sustainable energy policies;
- assists SMARTSPACES in contacting municipalities in order to promote the different project actions.
||CIP ICT Policy Support Programme|
||Beogradske elektrane (RS), Belit ICT company (RS), The Faculty of Mechanical Engineering University Belgrade (RS), Birmingham City Council (UK), Bristol City Council (UK), SystemsLink, City of Hagen (DE), Envi Engineer and Consulting Company GmbH (DE), Istanbul Sports Events Inc. (TR), Leicester Energy Agency (UK), De Montfort University (UK), Lleida Energy Agency (ES), International Centre for Numerical Methods in Engineering (ES), RSM Gasso (ES), Milan City Council (IT), Cisco (IT), BT (IT), City of Moulins (FR), Moulins Habitat (FR), EDF Optimal Solutions (FR), Real Project Partner (FR), Lyonnaise des Eaux (FR), Energy Agency of Murcia (ES), City of Venlo (NL)|
||Peter Schilken - Project Manager|