The Coalition for Energy Savings aims at making the case for a European energy policy that places a much greater, more meaningful emphasis on energy efficiency and savings. The Coalition also pushes for the adoption of binding measures in the framework of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED) construction, just as Energy Cities does. It brings together business, professional and civil society associations, among which COGEN Europe, CAN Europe, CECODHAS Housing Europe, WWF, and now ... Energy Cities!
Energy Cities’ adhesion to the Coalition for Energy Savings will notably:
- strengthen collaboration with relevant actors of the energy efficiency and savings sector,
- help the network disseminate its know-how and political positions more efficiently,
- give the entire network more visibility,
- provide Energy Cities with an access to relevant information for building its political positions.
Press release "Energy Cities joins Coalition for Energy Savings"
Coalition for Energy Savings website
- Energy Cities’ Position paper on the European Commission’s proposal for the Energy Efficiency Directive - October 2011
- On 22 June 2011, the European Commission published its proposal for an Energy Efficiency Directive (EED), which repeals the Cogeneration Directive (2004/8/EC) and the Energy Services Directive (2006/32/EC).
Energy Cities, the European Association of local authorities inventing their energy future, welcomes and recognises the priority given by the European Commission, the European Council and the European Parliament to saving energy and using energy more efficiently.