Take this opportunity to meet local authorities from all over Europe in Cork
On 23rd January 2008, the European Commission presented the Climate Change and Energy package. It is based on the decisions taken by the Heads of States during the European Council of March 2007.
By 2020, the European Union should:
- Reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 20%
- Increase its energy efficiency by 20%
- Achieve 20% of renewables in overall EU energy consumption, incl. 10% of total vehicle fuel consumption covered by biofuels.
To reach these objectives, political commitments as well as practical actions are needed. The Energie-Cités Rendezvous will therefore have three pillars:
- An exciting strategic debate on the EU’s energy policy from al local perspective
- Inspiring presentations from European cities already preparing their sustainable energy future
- An introduction to the newly launched "Covenant of Mayors" initiative
Come and join the representatives of Europe’s most pioneering cities preparing for 2020!