On Thursday 15 October 2015, representatives from towns and cities leading the way on climate mitigation and adaptation will meet in Brussels to launch a new Covenant of Mayors at a high-level ceremony.
This new Covenant of Mayors:
- will feature a new target of at least 40% reduction in CO2 emissions by 2030
- will include both the mitigation and adaptation pillars through the integration of the Covenant of Mayors and Mayors Adapt
- will reach a global scope, opening up participation to local authorities worldwide.
The event will consist of:
- the Covenant of Mayors and Mayors Adapt Ceremony in the morning
- an information event on adaptation to climate change in the afternoon.
For more information on the registration, please visit the Covenant of Mayors website.
When examining participation requests, priority will be given to Covenant signatories.
© photo Isabelle Pousset