EU Affairs Assistant – Internship
Energy Cities is the European Association of local authorities inventing their energy future. The association created in 1990 represents now more than 1,000 towns and cities in 30 countries.
Key stakeholder in accelerating the Energy Transition of European cities and towns, Energy Cities is looking for a motivated candidate to assist its Brussels team with lobbying, communication and administrative tasks. This is a unique opportunity to work in a challenging environment with EU Institutions and stakeholders.
The candidate will work in close collaboration with EU Affairs and Communications officers.
- Eligible candidates must be pursuing a university studies. Graduated students will NOT be considered, unless a contract can still be signed with their University.
- Studies in Political Sciences or International Relations or Urban Planning and Management.
- Interest in the areas of environmental sustainability, energy management and urbanisation issues
- Monitoring and following-up relevant legislative work of European institutions
- Participating in relevant meetings and reporting
- Drafting policy papers and related communication materials
- Assisting with the organisation of Energy Cities’ events
- Providing general support to day-to-day administrative tasks
- Native English speaker or equivalent ; good knowledge of French would be an asset
- Good communication style both in writing and orally
- Ability to synthesize information and extract key messages
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work in team as well as to take own initiatives
- Proficient use of processing tools such as Office package
1, Square de Meêus
Financial conditions :
Duration : 6 months
Tel : (33) (0)3 81 65 36 81
E-mail : Nathalie Moroge